Analog, VLSI and Devices Laboratory
The research at the Analog, VLSI and Devices Laboratory focuses on Analog, Mixed Signal Circuit Designs in bulk CMOS and SOI technologies, Semiconductor Devices for high frequency and high power applications and Biomicroelectronics. In addition, the laboratory collaborates with Oak Ridge National Laboratory in the areas of Monolithic Sensors and Nanotechnology.
- July 2012: Congratulations to Melika Roknsharifi for successful Ph. D. dissertation Defense. Her topic is "A Low-Power, Highly Stabilized Three Electrode Potentiostat Using Subthreshold Techniques".
- July 2012: Congratulations to Kimberly MacArthur for successful M.S. dissertation Defense. Her topic is "Fabrication and Characterization of Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanofibers (VACNF) as Amperometric Biosensors on a Silicon-Compatible Platform".
- July 2012: Congratulations to Kai Zhu for successful Ph. D. dissertation Defense. His topic is "Characterization and Implementation of an Injection Locked Frequency Divider Based on Relaxation Oscillator".
- April 2012: Congratulations to Leo Zuo for successful Ph. D. dissertation Defense. His topic is "Low-voltage bulk-driven amplifier design and its application in implantable biomedical sensors".
- April 2012: Fahmida S Tulip received the CMOC best poster paper prize at the recently concluded 21th Annual CMOC Symposium held April 11, 2012
- April 2012: Dr. Syed K. Islam, Kai Zhu and Fahmida S Tulip received the 2012 Chancellor's Honors Awards. Dr. Islam received his award for Research and Creative Achievement. Kai Zhu and Fahmida Tulip received their awards for Extraordinary Professional Promise.
- November 2011: Congratulations to Ashraf Bin Islam for successful Ph. D. dissertation Defense. His topic is "Design of Wireless Power Transfer and Data Telemetry System for Biomedical Applications".
- July 2011: Congratulations to Salwa for successful Ph. D. dissertation Defense. Her topic is "Modeling and Development of a MEMS Device for Pyroelectric Energy Scavenging".
- July 2010: Congratulations to Anusha Atla for successful M.S. Thesis Defense. Her topic is "Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Circuitry for Implantable Sensors".
- July 2010: Congratulations to Chiahung Su for successful Ph.D. dissertation defense. His topic is "High Temperature, High Voltage, Fast Response Time Linear Voltage Regulator in 0.8um BCD-on-SOI".
- April 2010: Salwa Mostafa received the University of Tennessee citation award for Extraordinary Professional Promise in the Chancellor's Honors Banquet held on April 19, 2010. Students from our group clinch the award in two consecutive years.
- April 2010: Ashraf B. Islam received the CMOC best oral paper prize at the recently concluded 19th Annual CMOC Symposium held April 7, 2010 in Dodd Center, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT. Check out the Picture Gallery. Ashraf is also featured in College of Engineering newsletter @COE and EECS Department's news and announcement page for this achievement.
- December 2009: Fahmida Shaheen Tulip, Salwa Mostafa, Ashraf B. Islam presented their papers in International Semiconductor Device Research Symposium (ISDRS 2009) at University of Maryland, College Park, Baltimore, MD. Check out the Picture Gallery.
- November 2009: Congratulations to Mohammad Aminul Huque for successful Ph.D. Dissertation Defense. His topic is "A High-Temperature, High-Voltage SOI Gate Driver Integrated Circuit with High-Drive Current for Silicon Carbide Power Switches".
- October 2009: Congratulations to N. Dianne Bull for successful M.S. Thesis Defense. Her topic is "Design and Implementation of a High-Temperature Fully-Integrated BDC-on-SOI Under Voltage Lock Out Circuit".
- October 2009: Our group visited EPRI-Electric Power Research Institute in Knoxville, TN on October 5, 2009. Check out the Picture Gallery.
- October 2009: Salwa Mostafa got "UT Athletics Department Award" for the 2009-2010 academic year recognizing high-quality doctoral students, with direct recommendation from EECS department head Dr. Kevin Tomsovic.
- September 2009: Salwa Mostafa presented our group's work "VACNF based biosensor" in the poster session of the 2009 CNMS-Share joint User meeting held at ORNL on September 15-16, 2009. Check out the Picture Gallery.
- April 2009: Dr. S. K. Islam received College of Engineering Research Fellow Award.
- April 2009: Mohammad Aminul Huque received the University of Tennessee citation award for Extraordinary Professional Promise in the Chancellor's Honors Banquet held on April 6, 2009. This award is given to the undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate professional promise in teaching, research or other contributions.
518, Science and Engineering Research Facility (SERF)
1414 Circle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996
Phone: (865)-974-9882, (865)-946-3097
540, Min Kao Building
1520 Middle Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996